Alicante Gardens

Left Campus Moragete on Thursday morning for Alicante where I stayed with Jack and Steph until Saturday morning. Steph left to go back to England and Jack and I returned to Valencia until Sunday night. Had an awesome time, first time I have planned something like this alone and did bookings/travel arrangements. I took lots of pictures so will be posting every night for at least a week to go through them! Have split the days up.No work today as it's a holiday but kids coming tomorrow and more on Wednesday. Weather is a bit grim today.

Arrived in Alicante on Thursday afternoon and just relaxed and wandered around as we were all tired from travelling. I went solo on Friday and wanted to climb to Santa Barbara Castle which is on the coast in the centre of the city. You can pay 7 euros to get the lift but I wouldn't admit such weakness. Found my way through the winding streets and up through the gardens on the west side of the hill. They were so beautiful and truly serene. Zig-zagged through the gardens to make my way up to the entrance of the castle.



















The Castle



















The Gardens



















Restaurant on the hill



















The city and west gardens



















Another method of ascent

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vainu Bappu Observatory

Ain't no stopping us now

REACT