Walk 1 - Rivington Pike and Winter Hill

Home now with wet feet and feeling sleepy but had a lovely day out in Rivington Pike. Got a call today to say my departure date has been moved from January 8th to February 6th which complicates a few job related things but I was told at interview it could change a month either way. The Malawian manager of IS will be in the UK in January for a staff briefing so it makes no sense for me and my team to there while the manager is here. Hope you enjoy the pictures.


Walk up the terraced gardens, shockingly it had been raining here too!

 
Some sheep being herded

 
Walked across the marsh/bog from Rivington Pike to Winter Hill. This was more of an ordeal than I expected as the ground was very soggy and I kept sinking. There was also an unpleasant aroma that reminded me of the bog of eternal stench from Labyrinth.
 
 
Walked over to a pile of rocks that I assume marks the summit. You can see the area I walked across from left to right.
 
 
This was my favourite place to come when I was little but it has changed a lot since then.
 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vainu Bappu Observatory

Ain't no stopping us now

REACT