Walk 2 - Home to town for vaccinations and back

2 walks down and 2 to go. I needed to get some vaccinations from a MASTA clinic in town today so decided it would be appropriate to walk into town and back to get something that could potentially save my life because there many parts of the world were people would have to do just that to save their own lives or the lives of their children. Mum decided to come along for support so we set off about 9am and arrived in town for 11.30am (15 mins before my appointment, good timing), had a break and then arrived back home at 4pm. I think I overestimated my stamina as my legs and feet are aching so much, my left arm hurts from a yellow fever vaccine and the right from hepatitis A/B vaccine. However, I am DETERMINED I will complete all my walks even if it's at a slower pace. More updates tomorrow, hope you enjoy the pictures from today.


The new Alder Hey hospital, I am still amused by the lawns running up the roof.

Getting closer, the Metropolitan Cathedral!
 
 
The bombed out church
 
 
A picture of me and Mum on our way back before we hit a wall (metaphorical). Wanted to include a rare picture of me to prove I was actually doing these walks.
 
38% thanks to some donations today! - https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/catherineholmes-is
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vainu Bappu Observatory

Ain't no stopping us now

REACT