First of Many Long Walks Around the Area

Had a nice long lie in today as no pressing reason to get up. Enjoyed a hot shower as it was cold for the first few days, working out the bugs in the solar panels but beats a bucket shower any day. Decided to walk in the same direction as last night but thought I would check out random path to the left and ended up coming back 4 hours later. It's a bit scary as it's not structured footpaths like in the UK so it could just end or appear to carry on for a bit then you realise you're just stomping through the wilderness (good thing the snakes and boars are sleeping). Also a good thing I have a decent sense of direction as I just kept picking paths and going with it. It paid off in the end as I made it out of the valley into the vineyards and olive trees. It was a very alien but beautiful scene. The land stretched out in every direction and as it's spring there is no one else about, as close to the sound of silence as I could get. The camps dogs Leo, Vito and Chiheatas insist on coming on any walks they notice me going for but I do love their company. Followed a cycle path down the mountain which went via the summit. Got to see some gorgeous views of the valley walking down as the incline was very steep. The path joined up with the same one I walked last night so happy I navigated a loop. Came back and someone had left a salad out for me (<3). Went up to the pool to read, on the edge as it's too cold for a swim at the moment. However, it was cold and rained too much so I just came back and relaxed in a nice warm room and watched the sunset out the window.







Which path!?



















A picture of me to prove I actually am here and not using google images

























Farmland



















Out of the valley
















Summit of one of many mountains

























My partners in crime. Top to bottom: Chiheatas (little eyebrows), Vito and Leo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vainu Bappu Observatory

Ain't no stopping us now

REACT