Epic Journey!

Usual morning routine, set off about 11.30am with Leo. Chiheatas was missing and Vito has a bit of a limp. Walked down to the river, across and up a road on the other side to a flat mountain I'd been eyeing since I got here. After the climb, I sat on the edge looking out across the whole valley, it was breathtaking. Had some lunch about 1.30pm while Leo had a snooze. It wasn't super hot but the sun here is very bright and high so on us for the whole day. It was too early to turn back so I thought I'd walk up to the next horizon I could see. However, once I got there, there was a higher horizon which marks the edge of the valley I can see from Moragete so I couldn't not try and get up there! Must have been those few mountains I climbed in India, they are such hard work but the best views in the world. The final bit of the climb was about 0.5km at a 60 degree angle so I was struggling and managed to choke on a few flies. Collapsed on a rock and sat staring across the landscape for miles and miles, felt so accomplished and relaxed. Too steep to go down same "path" so took the long way down through a lesser used path which was a bit confusing but found a dirt road and followed it back to a previous point and then it was just a case of the descent down the same road with some epic views. Took a quick break by the river to cool my feet and arrived back at 7pm and now resting to try and be 100% for tomorrow. Such an awesome day, makes me really proud of how far I have come.

Enjoying view on mountain 1

Favourite views from mountain 2 where I had lunch 


Favourite views from mountain 2


Favourite views from mountain 2 where I had lunch 

The ridge on the horizon of my valley. The highest point I could reach.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vainu Bappu Observatory

Ain't no stopping us now

REACT