First Day!

First day of the kids being here and teaching. They arrived about 10.30 and were split into groups then it's straight into the timetable, 1 hour and 15 minute sessions. The normal day starts about 8.15 for breakfast, game at 9, class 1 at 9.45, snack at 11, class 2 at 11.30, class 3 at 12.45, lunch at 2, class 4 at 3, class 5 at 4.15, snack at 5.30, last class at 6, free time 7.15, dinner at 8.30 and evening activity from 9.30 - 11. Needless to say, it's a busy day. I teach one class in each of the lesson slots so that is 6 in total per day and then things get more relaxed on friday and the kids go home about 5pm. It was daunting to start but then I got into the rhythm, relaxed and became more myself and the sessions just got better as the day went on. Obviously some of the groups have particular "characters" amongst them but I'm hoping that was just a first day hype. As my lessons end at 7.15 its planning/eating and sleeping so I won't have time to blog every night from today onwards. Furthermore, it would just be pictures of kids as I don't leave campus in daylight. So, after today I will update every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Thanks for reading!!! Here are some more pictures from yesterday.










Before the ascent


















The spot where we ate lunch. Difficult hanging a tripod from a tree and running.


















Looks out of place in the desert like land


















My new cover photo on facebook for those who are anti-social media. The highest point I could reach on the horizon























This is a picture from halfway through valley 3 of 3 I walked through i.e. walked over 1 horizon, then the next and this is the one after and the furthest horizon. The picture of me above was taken on top of that hill in the distance, I walked just right of the blank patch in the trees (dead centre in the photo). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vainu Bappu Observatory

Ain't no stopping us now

REACT