Karma is a Soggy Bitch

End of week 5, it seems my good humoured post about the rain in Spain has blown up in my face as it is falling continuously on my plain for the third day. It is very cold, wet and windy here at the moment. Think I am getting to the end of my cold but it also meant I didn't go to the Fallas burning last night as I couldn't cope with another week of working with it. This week was primary school kids from the same school as the week before last. They were a nice bunch, seemed to really enjoy my lessons now I'm getting the hang of structuring them with language barriers as more of a focus. The biggest highlights of the week are as follows. Girl hit just above eyebrow with golf-club during games resulting in her being covered in blood and her and approximately 15 children weeping in the dome (she is fine, eye swollen shut but should come down). The only other science teacher here is going home tomorrow which I think means no more science, only English and activities students.

I have been a science teacher here for 4.6 weeks and remaining 2 days were spent on reduced hours with 1 hour of Spanish lessons each day. I don't think there should be any more science students but I misunderstood before now that some of my English/science lessons in the split week were for 15 hours of Spanish lessons (2 done so far). Not sure how I feel about starting Spanish now I only have 7 weeks left but I'll see what happens. The work here is very hard but it is 12 euros/lesson for a science teacher. However, only 5 euros/lesson for language exchange staff  ("offset" wages with Spanish lessons). Anyway, the experience is good and the scenery is amazing so I will just see how things go, enjoy some nice long walks this weekend and rest up for Monday. 


Miserable weather! 


Kids had to draw a rainbow an icebreaker for my acids and alkalis lesson. This was my favourite!!


Working hard! 


This weeks goodbye 


Everyone rushing back to pack and leave so they can start their weekend

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vainu Bappu Observatory

Ain't no stopping us now

REACT